Hi everyone, I want to share with you a recipe (appetizer) my daughter made at a recent party she had in March which was a sensational hit. Served either hot or cold the taste is delicious! Hope you all like these little spinach savoury pastries as much as we did!
Served alone or together is ideal for a pre dinner appertizer or buffet party, these Spinach puffs make a great compliment to our Cheese Ball recipe!
Ready puff pastry (or make your own)
350 grams chopped spinach
50 grams chopped fresh onions
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
100 grams fennel finely chopped
100 grams bacon
150 grams crumbed goats cheese
30 grams virgin olive oil
20 grams butter
250 grams cream
2 egg yolks
70 grams grated parmesan
Directions: Preheat oven 180 C
- In a saucepan add spinach, salt and stir constantly and cook down the spinach, still keeping its rich dark green colour.
- Remove and drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan and saute the onions and bacon until soft.
- Add crushed garlic and once the garlic has released its flavour, add the fennel.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix together all the above ingredients.
- Take another bowl add the cream, egg yolks, parmesan cheese and salt and whisk until combined.
- Have ready your 12 pre-cut pastry squares or circles and place them into a cupcake tin, after you have brushed it with oil, fill them up with the spinach mixture.
- Top with the cream mixture and place them into your preheated oven, cook for 20 minutes until a nice light colour.
- Take out and allow to cool, or serve while still warm.