Beautifully decorated and off to your party you go!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) caster sugar
- 200g dark cooking chocolate chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 3/4 cup (100g) hazelnuts or Almonds (Toasted if preferred)
Preparation & Cooking Time: 60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to a slow heat (150degrees/130 degrees fan forced). Line 2 oven trays with white baking paper.
Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, Mix together first all the chopped figs, cranberries, chocolate and hazelnuts/Almonds in a bowl and then fold into the meringue mixture.
Drop level tablespoons of mixture onto a prepared tray, 3cm apart. Bake in a slow oven for about 40 minutes or until dry to touch.
Ready to serve for a Christmas treat to all your household guests over this festive time.
Nicki & Ornella ♥♥